Tuesday 13 January 2015

School life at Stanwix Primary School
07:08

School life at Stanwix Primary School

Michaela and I (Lena) are doing our work experience at the Stanwix Primary School for the week. 
On our first day we were both a little bit lost and I guess quiet because obviously English is not our first language so we definitely were shy at first. We were welcomed so dearly though that my shyness was gone in a heartbeat though. I feel really comfortable in this school because the whole staff is so friendly and also the students are lovely and curious about us and Germany. Michaela and I did two presentations about us and Germany in year five and six already. It was so much fun! We even taught the students some German. They are lovely and talk to us in every single playtime. 
One thing we were pretty surprised about was how strict the teachers, despite their kindness, are with the students. They encurace them and are truly nice with them but once someone talks without being asked to or they don't sit straight, the teachers are very strict with them. As a result most students are very disciplined - so that's a pro about that I believe. I still think that the level of strictness in German schools is enough; especially for little children who deserve to be and act like "just children". 
All together I am truly happy I get to do my work experience at this school and I feel lucky about being welcomed so dearly and having many nice conversations with the teachers and students. I am looking forward to the rest of the week and I'm excited about what it holds. And I am sure Michaela feels the same about this. 
- Lena 



0 comments:

Post a Comment